As a doctor and psychotherapist blogging about health-related topics, this disclaimer is a necessary part of the process for me to share with you. I wish I could make it an entertaining, connecting experience but that doesn’t seem to be easily doable. So take your time, and let me know if you have any questions.
I. Purpose of Chronic Illness Trauma Studies (formerly Tumbling the Stone)
- The entire content of Chronic Illness Trauma Studies, including text, graphics, images, posts, and comments is for informational and educational purposes only. It’s sometimes really nice to know there are others traveling a similar road . This blog is intended to provide information and to stimulate discussion related to health, health care and the chronic illness journey. It is not, however, intended in any manner as a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, examination, diagnosis, treatment, or any medical or mental health care whatsoever. Do not delay in addressing any mental or medical health condition with your health care professional because of content on this blog.
II. Your Responsibility
- You agree that your participation in this blog is completely voluntary and at your own risk. By participating, you acknowledge that the purpose of this blog is for entertainment and to stimulate discussion on topics regarding health, health care and chronic illness, and is not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, examination, diagnosis, treatment, or any medical or mental health care whatsoever.
- You take responsibility for your communications and all consequences of posting those communications, and agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to this blog that infringe or violate any rights of any party. Accordingly, in exchange for the opportunity to participate, you agree to release, indemnify and hold Chronic Illness Trauma Studies and Veronique Mead harmless from any damages you may suffer related to said participation. Such damages include, but are not limited to, worsening of a health condition when working with traumatic and other adverse personal life events.
III. Blog Policies
- Chronic Illness Trauma Studies is created and written solely by Veronique Mead (There are no Guest Posts). While Veronique was once a doctor as well as a psychotherapist, contact with her in any form is under the explicit understanding that no doctor-patient or psychotherapist-client relationship exists and that none will be formed as a result of such contact.
- Chronic Illness Trauma Studies reserves the right to remove, replace, or move any images or content without prior announcement. Photos not taken by Veronique are credited and linked to their outside sources and are believed to be in the public domain (published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act, title 17, U.S. Code). Veronique has taken any photos not credited to an outside source and these photos are therefore protected. Failing to credit and link back to this site constitutes a copyright violation. By submitting your art or photos to Chronic Illness Trauma Studies via email, you are granting Chronic Illness Trauma Studies and Veronique Mead permission to use them and your letter unless you state it otherwise in your first email. If your information and imagery are shared you’ll get credit / or a link back to you and your email will be kept private.
- Respectful, constructive, and differing opinions and comments are welcome, but Chronic Illness Trauma Studies reserves the right to edit or remove any comment that appears, in our sole discretion, vengeful, vicious, inappropriate, irrelevant, spamy or excessively offensive to any group or person, or to take away from the purpose of this blog. Anyone who violates this comment policy risks having all future comments permanently blocked.
- Feel free to share an occasional photo or two or to share information about content, as long as you give credit and include a link back to this site. Please link to, summarize, or paraphrase the information instead of cutting and pasting text. Copying of text harms both partys’ Google Rankings because it gets identified as repeat content. As such, it can even be interpreted as spam and decrease our rankings. If you’d like to use more than a few of the blog’s photos or images, please contact Veronique for specific permission. Duplicating any of the text (even if it’s credited to Chronic Illness Trauma Studies) is strictly prohibited. Copying is therefore strictly prohibited. The design and layout of Chronic Illness Trauma Studies is the sole property of Veronique Mead.
- Payment and Guest Posts are not accepted. Chronic Illness Trauma Studies.com does not accept payment for opinions, treatments, therapies, products or other information and links presented in posts. Sponsored posts, blogger discounts and free items are also not accepted.
- There are No Affiliate Links on Chronic Illness Trauma Studies.com. This means that links to other sites such as amazon.com when linking to books, or to sites offering therapist directors or services are not compensated in any way and are simply because these are relevant to the content of my blog.
Did you get brain fuzz reading through this? Yeah, me too. I look forward to seeing you on the rest of the blog!