Here are links to the best posts at Chronic Illness Trauma Studies that will help you find your way.
Note that while some events that affect risk for chronic illness are easily recognizable as traumatic, most are not.
The process is not psychological. It’s because life experiences alter our genes and beyond.
Start Page: The Best & Most Helpful Posts
- Summary of the Science: The trauma and chronic illness connection
- My Story
- Adverse Babyhood Experiences (ABEs) & Fact Sheets
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), Fact Sheets & ACE Score
- Adverse Childhood Relationship Experiences (ACREs)
- Adverse Pre-Onset Experiences (APOEs)
- Chronic Illness Can Be Traumatizing (Doctors Contribute)
- The Discovery Series The story of my step by step discoveries about the trauma connection
- The Best Books for Understanding Trauma & Chronic Illness
- The Best Therapies for Healing Effects of Trauma
- 11 Tools for Working with Chronic Illness
- Resourcing posts with tips for working with symptoms