Here are links to the best posts at Chronic Illness Trauma Studies that will help you find your way.
Note that while some events that affect risk for chronic illness are easily recognizable as traumatic, most are not.
The process is not psychological. It’s because life experiences alter our genes and beyond.
Start Page: The Best & Most Helpful Posts
- My Story
- Planting Seeds for Healing with Links to My Best Resources
- Adverse Babyhood Experiences (ABEs) & Fact Sheets
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), Fact Sheets & ACE Score
- Adverse Childhood Relationship Experiences (ACREs)
- Adverse Pre-Onset Experiences (APOEs)
- Chronic Illness Can Be Traumatizing (Doctors Contribute)
- The Discovery Series My step by step discoveries about the trauma connection
- The Best Books for Understanding Trauma & Chronic Illness
- The Best Therapies for Healing Effects of Trauma
- 11 Tools for Working with Chronic Illness
- Resourcing posts with tips for working with symptoms
A very helpful and informative blog.
Veronique Mead, MD, MA says
Thanks so much – glad it feels like both!!